2013年12月31日星期二

wedding dresses online something to try and replicate

Black wedding dresses My fianc and i are in the beginning stages of planning our wedding, and are definitely going to be having an unconventional affair.Since my new favorite internet past time is looking at wedding dresses and reading bridal magazines, i thought i might as well investigate black wedding dresses for this article.Historically, only very rich women who could afford to wear a dress once got married in white dresses.Women often got married in their best dress, which in many cases was a black one.White wedding dresses became popular when queen victoria married prince albert in 1840. I started my research by googling"Black wedding dresses"On the images page.The first dress that caught my eye is not exactly black, but was a fabulous dress made entirely of peacock feathers.Apparently it took factory workers in nanjing, china 40 days to sew it.I have a thing for peacocks, and it was a beautiful dress, but bordered slightly on overkill.Peacock feather colors(Green, blue, and purple)Are however the colors i have chosen for my wedding. I have a thing for period clothing, and definitely for modern clothing that has a period feel.This includes anything that falls into the"Ballgown"Category.The next dress that caught my eye was a black sleeveless ballgown by john galliano for christian dior.It has a wonderfully full skirt and long train, with lots of ruffling and detail work all over the dress.Beautiful, but a little too dark for my tastes. The next dress which caught my eye was a black and white court gown circa 1888.The skirts are a little less voluminous than the last dress, but still includes a train.The pattern is composed of thick and thin black swirly lines on a white background.Definitely a striking contrast, and for me a head turner.Not what i want to wear down the aisle, but definitely wedding dresses online something to try and replicate in some fashion in my own dressmaking adventures someday. I next ventured into the world of gothic weddings, which are very close in style to what my fianc and i are planning(A celtic medieval style).I found some very nice designs done by katrina marie, which are definitely more medieval in style, and combine black with colors like red and purple.You can view her designs here: I do however plan on writing future articles on my wedding planning adventures, because there don't seem to be as many resources on planning a medieval themed wedding as i'd like.I happen to receive an email formal evening wear about mytips4cash in my bulk folder.I usually never open any of those, but this one caught my eye.

没有评论:

发表评论